Art Is A Gift
We, the friends, family and admirers of Arturo Olivas have gotten together to create a benefit in his honor. Arturo, a well-respected contemporary and traditional Spanish Colonial artist has focused his life in the name of giving.
But, now it is his time to receive. Recently diagnosed with the devastating news that his lung cancer has spread to his brain and spine, Arturo can use our love, prayers and support. Whether you knew him as an artist , teacher or friend, or even if this is the first you’ve heard his name Arturo has given so much to this region through art, teaching and general benevolence, it seems like the smallest gesture that we might be able to do something in return.
- We are planning a series of fund raising events in the spirit of Arturo–in the sprit of giving and of honoring the local arts. There are many ways you can get involved.
- We are calling for artists to contribute pieces to our events. (see “Call For Artists“)
- We are calling for local businesses to contribute services or products for the events.
- We are looking for general sponsorship of the events. We would promote your business name here online and on any paper marketing. Contact Arturo’s sister, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please help us spread the word on the events! The success will depend on turnout. Follow us on Facebook.
- We hope to see you participating in our upcoming events! They are sure to be uplifting for all!
Thank you all for taking an interest in our benefit!